Divorce in the Golden Years
For people facing the prospect of a divorce in their golden years, after decades of marriage, the process of discovering how to begin life anew may seem intimidating. At the Law Offices of Betty Ann Spencer, my goal is to provide you with a smooth transition and a respectful and dignified path to a new life, “Divorce in the Golden Years”.
I believe that an individual experiencing a divorce after a long marriage, and, particularly in his or her golden years, often has different serious concerns than younger people going through a divorce. I have the knowledge and experience to guide you and assure you have your financial questions answered, and that you receive the support you need to maintain your well-being while making a successful transition to life after divorce.
If you are considering a divorce in your golden years, my team of professional colleagues can assist you in getting your questions answered and in making necessary plans and adjustments. My team includes estates and trusts attorneys, a tax planning attorney, a pension specialist, a real estate finance specialist, medical insurance and Medicare and benefits planning specialists.
To schedule your 30-minute consultation with me for $100, please call 707-570-2424. I can advise you on your options so you can have a better understanding on what to expect.
Choosing me to manage your divorce assures you will have expert counsel and an able negotiating ally, and that the following areas will be reviewed and addressed:
- You will have a 30-minute complimentary session with one of my estates and trusts attorneys.
- Important probate and non-probate matters will be discussed.
- Be advised that a divorce terminates a spouse’s interest in any current estate plan.
- A new estate plan can be drafted and can be effective either before or after the divorce.
- Be prepared to discuss what you want your retirement to look like based upon your needs and concerns.
- Earning Capacity
- Standard of Living
- Physical and Mental Considerations, such as the impact of age on earning capacity and mental/physical health
Medical & Insurance Coverage after Divorce
I offer either a collaborative approach or mediation options for you and your spouse to amicably end your marriage. My non-adversarial approach puts your needs and goals front and center and supports you in developing and respectfully negotiating settlement options that address your goals.
Please click on the following links for more information about my different approaches to divorce:
I am available to meet with clients between 9:30 AM and 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday. I also accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express.